ReviewsNo reviews yet
The Lac art and jewellery in Rajasthan has been around for centuries. Known for their charming colours, and vibrant and flawless finish, Lac jewellery and products have been loved by people around the world. Master artist Avaz Mohammed has been practising the art of lac work for years. In the nook of the old pink city, and close to the fascinating Jantar Mantar is his studio to take you on an enchanting journey of lac artwork.
Patronized by Maharaja Ram Singh of Jaipur, the lac art has been around for centuries in Rajasthan. He brought artists from the districts of Uttar Pradesh and established the lac art industry in Rajasthan. Since then, Lac Work has been used in making jewellery, decorative pieces, architectural work, and adorning doors and windows of houses.
Did you know? Lac bangles can be reused once broken and can be joined together by simply mild heating and shaping!
Avaz Mohammed, our master artist for this experience is the awardee at State and National levels and he has India at many international exhibitions. He is a generation artist as his ancestors migrated long ago from Arabia and settled in Shahpura where they learned the flourishing lac craft. Avaz’s family has been involved in this field of work for the last seven generations.
Be enveloped in his artistic studio near Jantar Mantar, Jaipur where he fosters the artist within you, helping you explore your inner talent through the timeless art of lack work. Feel at home in his charming workshop and learn the age-old skill of making lac bangles, mirrors, bowls and so much more. It is a perfect artistic fit for foreign and Indian travellers, artists, art enthusiasts, students, designers, etc.
- Tour around the artist’s workshop as he shows his work arena, awards, and his masterpieces.
- Go down lane his memory as he narrates the tales of his generation artform
- One-on-one conversations with the state-winning artist
- Discover the process of Lac making in 5 steps - Melting, Pressing, Rang Chaapna (or adding colors), Shaping and Sizing
- Co-create and inscribe a cherished memory
- Take home a little piece of Jaipur with you
- Be assisted by Rajasthan Studio team
- Small Group Sizes
- Sanitised Studio
- Raw materials and tools
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Handcrafted Souvenir to take home
- Tea/Coffee and boxed refreshments
- Photos and videos of the experience
- Sightseeing of the area