ReviewsNo reviews yet
Sea foam is a one of a kind art form discovered by the art curator himself. Sea foam is made of magnesium carbonate and calcium which is created by the agitation of seawater, particularly when it contains higher concentrations of dissolved organic matter. It has a hard shell and softer insides. In the hustle-bustle of Udaipur, Harsh Chhajed invented this art form and now, he invites you to this one-of-a-kind art experience.
The artist believes in drawing inspiration from his surroundings and the beauty which moves him. You can see a lot of local gods, mythological characters and legends in his art.
Did you know? The insides of sea froth were used for cleaning windows of heritage buildings and palaces!
Harsh Chhajed is a self-taught artist. He was the only male child in the family and hence, he was never allowed to venture out much. This gave him the opportunity to venture inside himself and discover an art like the Samudari Jhaagh (or Sea Foam) at home. He received his first National Award- Certificate of Merit for Master Craftsman in 1982, followed by other awards and certificates.
Join the award winning artist Mr. Harsh Chhajed for a hands-on workshop on Samudari Jhaagh (Sea Foam) Carving in his studio. Experience the mysticity of the artform from the master artist and take home a souvenir and memories for life.
- Be stunned by the artsy invention
- Get a live demonstration of the entire process
- One-on-one conversations with the national-award-winning artist
- Co-create a cherished memory
- Take home a little piece of Jaipur with you
- Be assisted by Rajasthan Studio team
- Small Group Sizes
- Sanitised Studio
- Raw materials and tools
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Handcrafted Souvenir to take home
- Tea/Coffee and boxed refreshments
- Photos and videos of the experience
- Sightseeing of the area