ReviewsNo reviews yet
The Pink City, Jaipur has emerged as a hub of gemstone carving. Bustling with its beaming colors, well known for its rich heritage and world-historic sights, it is home to the finest gemstone carving artists in the world. With his mastery in carving gemstones, Prithvi Raj Kumawat is one such artist.
With its origin dating back to the Indus valley civilization, the art of gemstone carving has gained immense popularity worldwide because of the timeless value of precious natural stones. Engraving, carving, cutting, are the various stages of a gemstone carving experience.
Did you know? An engraved gem is frequently referred to as an Intaglio.
Beginning his career in wood carving at an early age, Prithvi Raj Kumawat has been mastering the art of carving for 44 years now and transitioned to gemstone carving back in 2008. The everyday life and things around him are his biggest muse and he often adds that “The ideas and viewpoints of artists in the same field, the buyers and designers, a true asset.” He has won several awards for his works that include winning State-Level Award for his rosewood lamp carving (1986-87), National Award for Ostrich Egg Shell Lamp carving (2006), & National Merit Certificate for his Radha Krishna carving on sandalwood (2004).
Imagine learning the art of gemstone carving from the master himself, that too in his magistical studio, and co-creating your own little masterpiece to take back home as- A souvenir. A part of Jaipur. A memory you’ll want to pass down generations. Wouldn’t it become a part of your own extraordinary travel legacy?
- Take a cultural walkthrough of gemstone carving
- Get a live demonstration of the entire process - including using a gemstone of your choice
- One-on-one conversations with the state-winning artist
- Co-create and inscribe a cherished memory
- Take home a little piece of Jaipur with you
- Be assisted by Rajasthan Studio team
- Small Group Sizes
- Sanitised Studio
- Raw materials and tools
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Handcrafted Souvenir to take home
- Tea/Coffee and boxed refreshments
- Photos and videos of the experience
- Sightseeing of the area