ReviewsNo reviews yet
Rice is a staple food in every Indian household and without it, no Indian meal is ever complete. Then there is Rice Art or Miniature Rice Writing which is a vibrant amalgamation of the ancient and modern artforms. The royal state of Rajasthan, Jaipur is home to the coveted rice painting and award-winning artist Niru Chhabra who will be your curator for this experience.
Originating from ancient India and Anatolia in Turkey, artisans who were skilled in making miniature paintings decided to exhibit their skills on rice grains, an ancient symbol of prosperity. After treating and polishing the rice, these artisans inscribed messages or names on a single grain of rice.
Did you know? An Indian has broken his own world record for tiny writing, inscribing 1,314 characters on a grain of rice.
With time, the art form flourished in India, and a large number of artisans in Rajasthan and nearby areas started practicing this miniature artform of rice writing. A renowned artist from India, Niru Chabbra’s skill has been recognized not only by the state governments but also by many of the foreign dignitaries during their official visits to India. She holds the record of being the first Indian lady to write 108 letters on a single grain of rice with the brush, ‘The Masterpiece’.
Join her on this artistic journey and turn a grain of rice into your canvas as she shares with you the intricacies and the skill of painting minuscule words with patience and detailing on a small grain of rice. Paint a short story, a life lesson, or write your favorite memory and take home this exquisite souvenir that you won’t probably get anywhere else in the world.
- Explore the prosperous history of miniature style of rice writing
- One-on-one conversations with the state-winning artist
- Soak in the ambience of the Rajasthani culture around you
- Learn about different varieties of rice grain and which is the best fit
- Watch the artist work her magic onto a tiny grain of rice
- Co-create and inscribe a cherished memory
- Take home a little piece of Jaipur with you
- Be assisted by Rajasthan Studio team
- Small Group Sizes
- Sanitised Studio
- Raw materials and tools
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Handcrafted Souvenir to take home
- Tea/Coffee and boxed refreshments
- Photos and videos of the experience
- Sightseeing of the area