Find the science in art, with this artist who is also a scientist
What you’ll do
- Book personalized Live Experience with Dr Jyoti Swaroop Sharma.
- Curation of the session based on the questions asked to the customer.
- See yourself through the eyes of an artist or simply observe the genius at work.
- Understand the intricate details and techniques of Gold Emboss Painting.
- Live demonstration of what goes into this elaborate process.
- Understand the broad aspects as well as the nitty-gritty of this art called Gold Emboss Painting.
- Learn about different techniques, materials, colours and brushes used for the same.
- The artist also briefs you about where you can procure the material and brushes for the art form.
- Maximum 4 people can book an experience. In case if you are more in number than you can drop an email to us on email@example.com
- Rajasthan Studio Team Member would be there to help you.
About the Artist
Dr Jyoti Swaroop was interested in painting since childhood. He neither learnt this art from any artist nor got it in inheritance. Whether it is painting on oil or watercolour, realistic art or traditional style, he is the unquestionable master. Besides ivory, wood, silk, paper and wall paintings, he is also an expert in painting and embossing on leather with gold and silver. He received the State Award for mastering gold emboss on leather in 1992 and the National Award in 1999.
The artist is passionate about preserving and spreading this handmade art which takes years to master.
National Award- 1999
State Award- 1992-1993
District Award- 1989
Kala Mani- 2002 & 2005
Marwar State- 2002
Sahman: Best Social Services in Fine Arts and Traditional Art to Community- 2005
Inspiration and concentration are never too far away in the studio which is filled with tools, references, raw materials as well as finished pieces. Just get in, listen, observe and get lost in the meditation that is art.
About Gold Emboss Painting
Painting and embossing with gold and silver is a famous craft. A pattern is first drawn on the leather mould after this embossing is done using a paste. The raised portion is then covered with gold using gold leaf and then outlining are done with different colours. After drying varnish is applied to make the art weatherproof.
Painting material, colours, brushes, tea and refreshments