Blend into the Lac
What you’ll do
- Book personalized Live Experience with Avaz Mohammed.
- Curation of the session based on the questions asked to the customer.
- See yourself through the eyes of an artist or simply observe the genius at work.
- Understand the different raw material that can be used for Lac Work.
- Learn different techniques, and use of tools in Lac Work.
- Get tools in your hands and make a masterpiece with the pioneer.
- Artist also briefs you about from where you can procure the material and tools for the art form.
- You don’t need any pre-work for this session and it is enjoyable whether you experience it solo or with your family/friends.
- Maximum 4 people can book an experience. In case if you are more in number than you can drop an email to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rajasthan Studio Team Member would be there to help you.
About the Artist
His ancestors had migrated long ago from Arabia and got settled in Shahpura where they used to trade in horses. After that, they learned Lac craft and settled in Amer and eventually in Jaipur. Avaz’s family has been involved in this field of work for the last seven generations.
He has been awarded at State and National level. Avaz has represented India at many international exhibitions and has taught over 11000 students of different schools and colleges of India and abroad.
National Award – 2013
National Merit – 2009
State Merit- 1988-87
Avaz Ji has a studio near Jantar Mantar, Jaipur. His studio is a well-lit place where he can also lite a small furnace to heat the coals. The studio meets all the basic requirements which encompass all raw material, tools and Ready products. The location is easily accessible and close to places of interest. It is perfect for foreign and Indian travellers, artists, art enthusiasts, students, designers, etc.
About Lac Work
The Lac art in Rajasthan has been around for centuries. Known for their charming colours and vibrant and flawless finish, the cities of Jaipur has several Lac Work centres which can be visited to see the artists at work. Lac Work is used in making Jewelry, decorative pieces and architectural work. Lac Work was introduced for adorning doors and windows of houses. The work offers an excellent finish to the doors and it is easy to make different designs and carvings on Lac.
Up to 4 people
Material required for making lac product, tea with Avaz Ji and his wife