Get involved in an enticing session of Gemstone Carving
What you’ll do
- Book personalized Live Experience with Prithvi Raj Kumawat.
- Curation of the session based on the questions asked to the customer.
- See yourself through the eyes of an artist or simply observe the genius at work.
- Understand the intricate details and techniques of Gemstone Carving.
- Live demonstration of what goes into this elaborate process.
- Understand different types of gemstones.
- Learn about different tools used for carving.
- How are the gemstones processed and polished.
- For safety purposes, if you are allergic to dust, you can wear a mask.
- For safety purposes, you can also wear gloves to prevent any cuts or scratches.
- Artist also briefs you about from where you can procure the material and brushes for the art form.
- Maximum 2 people can book an experience. In case if you are more in number than you can drop an email to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rajasthan Studio Team Member would be there to help you.
About the Artist
Prithvi Raj Kumawat has 44 years of experience in the unique art of carving. He won a State-Level Award for carving on rosewood lamp (in 1986-87) and National Level Awards for carving on Ostrich Egg Shell Lamp (in 2006) along with a National Merit Certificate in 2004 for carving Radha Krishna on sandalwood. His work has been showcased worldwide and sold on various private and governmental portals.
In 2008, he moved from wood to gemstone carving, and it took him two years to master stone carving.
“The ultimate source of inspiration is the regular things in life. The ideas and viewpoints of artists in the same field, the buyers and interior designers is a true asset.”
State Award – 2012
Prithvi Raj Kumawat’s studio displays vivid intricacies of the beautiful world of gemstone carving. The workshop is artistic and elegant, with all kinds of gemstone carving masterpieces. The location is easily accessible and close to places of interest. It is perfect for foreign and Indian travellers, artists, art enthusiasts, students, designers, etc.
About Gemstone Carving
Dating back to Indus valley civilization, this art form has gained immense popularity worldwide. In India, the masters of this art form are found in Jaipur. You can find many artisans pro in cutting and polishing the gemstones to enhance its desirability. Some of the most precious stones like emeralds, sapphires, rubies, amethysts, onyx, and tourmalines are adorned with floral motifs inspired by Mughal architecture.
Up to 2 people
Gemstones for carving, tools, tea and refreshments